CITY OF BELLBROOK, OHIO
HOME · SITEMAP · CONTACT US
There is a vacancy on the Planning Board. If you are interested in serving the city please consider applying to join this board. Submit a Board/Commission Application to Clerk of Council Pamela Timmons at email@example.com.
The Planning Board consists of five members appointed by City Council. The members are appointed to five-year terms with a two term limit. The Planning Board shall have the powers of zoning; and the Bellbrook Charter may impose all the power and authority conferred upon city planning boards by the Ohio Revised Code and such other duties as upon it by the Municipal Administrative Code.
The duties of the Planning Board include:
1) Initiating language revisions to the Zoning Code;
2) Reviewing and making recommendation to City Council of all property rezoning requests (Zoning Amendments) as specified in Article 21;
3) Reviewing and making recommendation to City Council of subdivision and PUD developments;
4) Approving re-plats to existing subdivisions and lot splits of un-platted land;
5) Reviewing all requests for similar uses not specifically mentioned within zoning districts to determine if these uses are similar to permitted principal uses and therefore, may be allowed; and
6) Performing other discretionary and advisory duties as specified throughout the Zoning Code.
Every odd year in November, council member seats and the Mayor are up for election. The Mayor serves a two year term and council members serve overlapping four year terms ending on December 31. Therefore, each council election, the Mayor and three council member seats are on the ballot for election.
Requirements include being a resident of Bellbrook for one year prior to filing a petition of candidacy. The Mayor or Council members cannot hold any other Municipal office or be an employee of the City of Bellbrook during the term of office.
For more information contact the Greene County Board of Elections.
Questions or comments? Not sure who to contact? Submit your question or comment here.
Official Website of Bellbrook, Ohio Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.